How can you benefit from your teacher's vacation?

I had such wonderful news today I must share it with you.
I'm on holiday or on vacation as the Americans put it (1) as I was so busy with building our school during the summer that I never got round to (2) taking some time off.
So I asked a wonderful English guy, Matthew Hiscox to cover me (3) in my intermediate class while I am off. I thought it was time for them to have class with a real native speaker.

It turned out to be a brilliant idea. I tried to call one of my students this afternoon to find out how they got on (4) but I couldn't get through to her (5). Tonight, just reading my e-mails, in fact, Mat's email about praising (6) my class, when the phone rang.
Guess, who that was!? My student whom I tried to call in the afternoon. What a coincidence! (7) :)
I'm reading Mat's feedback on my group while I'm listening to my student giving feedback on Mat's lesson with them. WOW! Getting positive news in stereo :)))

I was ever so proud! (8) Mat said my students were so knowlegable and eager to learn! My student said he'd praised them for knowing so much and being at such a high level... Oh my Lord, I was touched! (9)

I can imagine they were shocked by not only listening to a native speaker let alone (10) speaking to him! Apparently (11), they were much more outspoken during the second lesson and more vocabulary was coming out.
They thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to have a native speaker - whose English is absolutely marvellous! - to listen to.

All in all (12), my advice is to you, learners of English is, that instead of being afraid of talking to English speakers, take more and more opportunity to practise as this is the only way you understand them more.  Fluency will come eventually (13).
Remember, that it takes a child two years to learn his/her mother tongue (14)! Why do you expect to be faster???

And another thing: You wanna have fun with that! (15) If it ain't fun, don't do it. :) (16)

Keep on learning and enjoy it.
SuzieB

Vocabulary = Szókincs

1 ahogy az amerikaiak mondják...
2 valahogy nem értem rá, hogy...
3 hogy helyettesítsen
4 hogy megtudjam, hogy' jöttek ki egymással
5 nem értem el
6 dicsérni
7 Micsoda véletlen!
8 annyira büszke voltam!
9 meg voltam hatódva
10 hát még..
11 állítólag
12 mindent összevéve
13 majd valamikor később
14 anyanyelv
15 Érezd jól magad közben!
16 Ha nem vicces, ne csináld!


Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések