Just Got Back from London

Hello Everyone,
we have just returned from London and I was first informed about the horrible news about the riots and vandalism taking place there from the London Metro newspaper. Then we learnt more news when we got home. My son and my workmate are staying with English families in Wimbledon at the moment, studying at our partner school, Milner School of English. We are getting first hand information from them and were just told that the whole Wimbledon area is surrounded by policemen. All the shops got closed after lunch and are now boarded up. Even the Tube Station is closed and the police are all around it.

In a way it is promising as they provide some kind of security but being a mother and an employee it is worrying as Wimbledon is one of the safest areas in London. As I used to live there myself, I know it is pretty safe that is why I sent my own son here to learn English.
Still, I am trying hard not to worry but as I heard today that the gangs from north and south are trying to unite there, I am not that happy. My loved ones are safe and all right but I had never ever experienced anything like it while I was living there.
I must say it was 19 years ago, which is a very long time and I realised it over the weekend that even during the last five years London has changed a lot. And not for the better.
The amount of foreigners that has fled around London is horrendous. I had never seen anything like it. You really have to live with and English family to experience some English culture.
My son is staying with a former policewoman who is really furious about the government not letting the police use any weapons or even tear gas granades or rubber bullets or anything. Such deeds cannot be tolerated. People are terrified and life should not be like that.
I trust this chaos will end soon and the English can control security so people can enjoy living there.
If you wish to make any comments, please do so on our facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/edittopic.php?uid=128539657214350&action=8

Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések