Do you think your teacher is superior?

I visited the United States at the end of April for a short week. This was my first journey to America. 
It was a fascinating experience.
I must truly confess that I had never ever met so many fantastic, friendly and helpful people in my life.
I was told that I arrived at the right spot - my destination was Austin, Texas, actually.

By the way, did you know that Austin is the Capital City of Live Music?

Have you heard of the famous 6th Street where people go drinking, dining, partying? Brilliant atmosphere at night, I can tell you that.


I made some wonderful friends from Minnesota, Houston, California, New York and even from Dubai!

We went out for dinner in this famous part of town and called in a very special seafood restaurant. The ambiance was rather peculiar. There was hardly any light. The waiter brought us a torch to be able to read the menucard. Apart from that, the evening was great and the food... OMG! The food was absolutely gorgeous! That's what I said to the waiter when he asked us how we had liked the dish. He just commented: "Now you're talking"

Anyway, literally all the Americans were extremely open as I mentioned but I had to face a little problem.
Guess what! I had a language barrier. What do I mean by that? I could hardly understand the people at the airport, at the hotel reception and the cafe.... I nearly lost all my confidence on my arrival.
I felt like YOU. I was like a real student. Oh my God! I couldn't believe it. Was I used to English accents only?  Perhaps. Or I just lost the ability to follow SPEED. Yes, that is the biggest issue. SPEED. FAST NATURAL ENGLISH. And I'm teaching that all the time. "Come on students, fast, natural English, please.Get the rythm."

Well, well, well.... maintaining your English is a life-long learning project.
I made a decision there and then. I will come back again. Soon. Or I'll go to England. And I'll go every year. ALONE.

If you really want to improve your English or just maintain it, go to England, the States or even Australia and spend at least a week there.

Did you know that we can help you study in London, England as well as Perth, Australia?
Go visit our website at http://www.londonstyle.hu/index.php?id=20 for more information. I highly recommend that. 

Back to my English, yes, it was better the second day, then even better on the third day. Finally, it was flowing.
I even understood everything my friends from Minesota were saying. And I tell you, this was some job to understand them! Especially, my friend, Dee talked so fast I had never heard anyone talk that fast before. But I understood!
PRACTICE MAKES MASTER.


Remember, you don't just practise a language, you exchange thoughts, cultural experiences, you do business, etc, when you are abroad and you encounter people. 
I invited my lovely friends I dined with on the famous 6th Street of Austin, Texas to Hungary to indulge in beautiful food and wine, let alone enjoy the wonders of the Hungarian spas.
You can do that, too.
Your teacher is not superior. We are also learners but at a different level...


Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések