Smoking banned on Valentine's Day?

Smoking banned on Valentine's Day?

Yes. 

You can ask:  what has Valentine's Day got to do with smoking? 

Good question.

Let me tell you a little story from the earlier part of my life. I used to smoke. Yes, quite a bit. I was working in the catering industry. You know, long hours, hard work, everyone is smoking around you...
This was back in 1991 while I was living in England the government decided to bring in a new law that would ban smoking on the London Double-deckers.
As you know, you could smoke on the upper deck of the double-decker buses in London up until March, 1991.
In fact the government thought it would be positive marketing if they introduced the whole concept on Valentine's Day.

So on 14th February, 1991 we couldn't smoke on buses any more!

I think this is very right, although everyone was grumbling about it - all the smokers, I mean - but at the end of the day, it is just much more pleasant to sit on a bus without smoke blown into your face.. :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

P.S.: and more to the point... it is much nice to kiss someone who doesn't smoke.. otherwise you can mistake the lovely gentleman or lady with an ashtray... :D




Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések